As soon as the announced deadline expired the Institute for Studies of the Recent Past received and processed ten (10) applications for the “Call for Development of New University Courses“.
Below you can browse the applicants list and the titles of their proposed courses:
- Prof. Ivan Elenkov, Prof. Ivaylo Ditchev, Assoc. Prof. Daniela Koleva, Assoc. Prof. Alexander Kiossev,Socialism in Bulgaria: Lifestyles. (Political Control of everyday life and Ideological Colonization of Life Spaces during Communism in Bulgaria), Sofia University, Department “History and Theory of Culture”
- Assoc. Prof. Margarita Karamihova, Ethno-cultural Aspects of the Minority Policies 1944 – 1989 г., Academy of the Ministery of Interior, Department of Social Sciences
- Assist. Prof. Nikolay Vukov, Anthropology of Socialism, Department of Ethnology, Faculty of Philosophy, Plovdiv University
- Prof. Snezhana Popova, Social Turns: Representations of Time in Media Narratives 1947 – 1949 г., Sofia University, Department of European Studies
- Assist. Prof. Ilia Iliev, Ethnography of Socialism: Control and Dissent in Bulgarian Everyday Life 1945 – 1989 г., Sofia University, Faculty of History, Department of Ethnology
- Assist. Prof. Emil Dimitrov, The Intellectuals, the Peoples; Court and the ‘Fiction’ of State Security, Department of Bulgarian Literature, Faculty of Slavic Studies, Sofia University
- Prof. Georgi Fotev, Figures of Memory, New Bulgarian University, Department of Philosophy and Sociology
- Assoc. Prof. Vihren Bouzov, Societies in Transition, Department of Philosophy, Veliko Tarnovo University
- Assist. Prof. Elena Stoykova, Normative Construction of the Category WOMAN in the Period of Socialism in Bulgaria, Department of Logic, Ethics and Aestherics, Faculty of Philosophy, Sofia University
- Assoc. Prof. Snezhana Dimitrova, Assist. Prof. Svetlana Sabeva, Assist. Prof. Nina Nikolova, Weekly Movie Reports and the Communist Everyday Life: Microhistorical and Macrosociological Approaches, Department of History, South-West University of Blagoevgrad
The final results of the Call will be announced around the 15th of January 2009.