What do people from Bulgarian villages, small towns and cities think about their personal life during communist times? Can a personal life story give an answer about the country melancholy and alienation? Is there a sup pressed trauma and what is it all about?
On the occasion of the successful finalization of its first project “Memory Awaken – Voices from Below” the Institute for Studies of the Recent Past invites you to an open discussion about all these delicate issues and presentation of “Lightning do not struck Bushes”.
Venue: Red House – Centre for Culture and Debate, The Red Hall;
Time: October 10, 2007 at 18:30;
- Prof. Ivaylo Znepolski, academic supervisor of the project;
- Assoc. Prof. Daniela Koleva, editor of the book “Lightning do not struck Bushes”;
- Diana Ivanova, project leader and member of the “This is my past” Selection Committee;
- Georgi Gospodinov, member of the “This is my past” Selection Committee;
- Assoc. Prof. Ivan Elenkov, member of the “This is my past” Selection Committee;
- and also some of the award holders in “This is my past”.
Moderator: Roumen Petrov
Additional materials about the project can be found in the Publications section .
The project was financially supported by the MATRA-KAPP Program of the Royal Netherlands Embassy, Sofia.